As respected members of our community, parents have many roles and some responsibilities. When you donate your time and talents to help the school, you make it a better place for your child and you also have the opportunity to connect with other like-minded parents. Because this connection to the school is so important — and because we need all the help we can get — each family is required to contribute at least 20 service hours per school year.
There are a number of ways to fulfill your service-hours requirement. Here are just a few:
- Join a committee: Annual Giving, Auction, Building & Grounds, Staff Appreciation.
- Serve as a room parent for your child’s classroom.
- Attend parent education nights.
- Pitch in on a work party to beautify our grounds.
- Help with a class project.
- Be a chaperone on a class trip.
- Lend a hand with clerical tasks.
- Contribute your IT knowledge and skills.
We hope you’ll embrace this requirement as an opportunity to model social responsibility for your child, strengthen your connections with the school, and have a good time!